Thursday, October 10, 2013

Project One - Realism

Project One was about the type of art known as realism. Realism is the art of making  a picture look as realistic as possible through use of contrast, value, and proportion. Contrast is a technique for creating a focal point by using differences in elements. Contrast shows the difference between objects. Contrast is important for details making the picture stand out. Value is the lightness and darkness of color. It clearly shows the difference between parts of the work of art. Proportion is the principle of art concerned with the size relationships of one part to another. Proportion is important due to the realistic and life like effect it gives the art. the media I chose to use for my drawing was a pen and colored pencils. What inspired me to create a drawing of a mug that says "Worlds Best Boss" on it was my love for a show called The Office. The Office was one of my favorite televisions shows and in the show, the main character, Michael Scott, has the exact same mug. My inspiration for drawing a hand wielding a sword was The Lord of the Rings. The Lord of the Rings films are some of my favorite films of all time and I thought it would be cool to try and draw a hand holding a sword. During this project I leaned a few different things. One thing I learned was that trying to make a work of art as realistic as possible is not as easy as  I previously thought. It takes much practice in mastering the different techniques that make artwork appear to be very realistic. I also learned how to improve on certain aspects of my art as I progressed through the project. The final thing I really learned how to do is to be able to apply myself when working on artwork I am creating in order to make it the best work of art I am capable of making.

No comments:

Post a Comment