Friday, November 22, 2013

Project Five - Sculpture

Project Five had to do with creating a sculpture of you're choice out of clay or cardboard. The media which I choose to use for the project is clay. With the clay I created a pinch pot. A pinch pot is an ancient as well as contemporary form of pottery. I decided to create a pinch pot due to its simplicity yet it can tend to be an extremely creative sculpture when finished. After sculpting the pinch pot and waiting for it to dry completely, it was then time to paint it. The theme I choose when painting the pinch pot revolves around Pearl Jams new album called Lightning Bolt. I painted the pot using colors and emblems which can be found on the cover of the album Lightning Bolt. The main colors I used include red, black, and white. I also used yellow to paint the inside of the pot. The emblems which I carved into the pot include lightning bolts that go around the sides of the pot as well as the letters PJ carved into the bottom of the inside of the pot. The letters stand for Pearl Jam. I believe that the most successful part of Project Five was my ability to create a well sculpted pinch pot through following the precise instructions on how to do so. Also I was able to accurately portray the elements of art which are on the cover of Pearl Jams album Lightning Bolt and apply them to my pinch pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment